Raffles - Kane County Clerk John A Cunningham
Who Should File:
Any Business, Charitable, Educational, Fraternal, Labor, Nonprofit, Religious, and Veterans, organization that is nonprofit and has been in continuous existence for 5 years and the prize(s) are being given away in Kane County.
If the location of the prize(s) given away is within the city limits of the following cities, you will need to get a license from that city, not from the county:
Aurora - City Clerk
Elburn – Village Police Chief
Hampshire – Village Clerk
South Elgin – Village Clerk
*Political organizations wanting to hold a raffle, must contact the State Board of Elections (312/814-6440).
Contact the Illinois Department of Revenue for a Bingo application.
If the total aggregate value of the prize is under $500, the organization is automatically licensed without applying.
Total aggregate prize value $500.00 to $5,000.00 - $6.00 filing fee
Total aggregate prize value $5001.00 and over - $25.00 filing fee
Official Bond for Raffle Manager – Must be filed, only, if the total aggregate value of prizes is less than $15,000.
If more than $15,000, a corporate bond must be submitted.
After the Raffle:
Each licensee shall within 30 days of the raffle report to its membership and the County Clerk's Office the following:
- Gross receipts generated by the conducting of the raffle.
- An itemized list of all reasonable operating expenses which have been deducted from the gross receipts.
- Net proceeds from the conducting of the raffle.
- An itemized list of the distribution of the net proceeds.
- A list of prize winners.
- The license is good for one raffle only.
- The price of a single ticket cannot exceed $200.00.
- Total value of prize(s) shall not exceed $500,000.00
- The maximum number of days for selling tickets shall not exceed 180 days.
- The County Clerk’s office does not sell daily raffle licenses.
- The filing may be done by mail. We would need the completed application, check or money order, and appropriate bond attached.
- The County Clerk’s office has 10 days to process an application.
- The Kane County Clerk’s office cannot issue a raffle license for a raffle to be held using any type electronic machine.
- The Kane County Clerk’s office does not issue a raffle license for Bingo.
For more information
Kane County Clerk
719 S. Batavia Ave., Bldg. B
Geneva, IL 60134
- Call: (630) 232-5950
- Fax: (630) 232-5866
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Wednesday: 8:30am - 8:00pm
(*) = Documents Require
Adobe Acrobat Reader